Styling Staples: The Black Skater Skirt Part 2 | Memosne

Styling Staples: The Black Skater Skirt Part 2


In my previous post, I showed you how I styled this black skater skirt in a "casual and chic" way, something that you can just throw on in the morning, but still look put together. However, I can totally understand if you'd want to dress it up a little more.

Top: Zara, Blazer: Club Moncaco (Old), Skirt: Zara (Old), Bag: Coach, Shoes: D&G 
Black is my favorite color, it goes with anything! Stark whites, jewel tones, and even...pinky pastels! I think some people feel that the strength of black can overwhelm a delicate pastel top, but I think the key is in texture and pairing the right pieces together. The fun skater cut of the skirt matches the loose cut of my blazer. Most everything that I'm wearing I already had in my closet for several seasons, but I purchased this top recently from Zara. Unfortunately, I can't find it on the website and easily link it here, but it should still be in stores as of July 29th. 


I'm a bit of a nun so I think the skirt is a little short to wear to work, but I'd wear this outfit in any other setting and feel perfectly comfortable. I kept the purse the same and the accessories minimal. To keep the color tones in the same family, I paired the outfit with a sleek patent leather heel. 


Thanks for tuning in! Stay tuned for the final look in part 3 of this "Styling Staples" miniseries.

No comments :

Post a Comment