California Academy of Arts and Sciences | Memosne

California Academy of Arts and Sciences


I went to the California Academy of Arts and Sciences a couple of weeks ago and it's amazing. I highly recommend it to native San Franciscans and tourists alike. If you haven't visited yet, you're missing out on a wonderful part of San Francisco. There's an aquarium, planetarium, solarium, other -ariums. It's just generally the best. 

Admission for Adults is $29.95, Students $24.95, and Children $19.95. The museum is open from Monday to Saturday from 9:30 am - 5:00 pm and Sundays from 11:00 to 5:00pm.


I think the Academy of Sciences has the perfect mix of taxidermied animals, live animals, and general science exhibits to constantly be stimulated by new things. When my sister and I visited the New York Museum of Natural History, we were so excited and jazzed to run around all the exhibits, but it was so massive we couldn't even finish the whole museum within a day. The California Academy of Science, in contrast, is easily doable.

My favorite part is the bio-dome they have inside the museum where they let butterflies roam wild and completely immerse you in a "tropical rainforest." It's incredible.

I just wanted to use this post to share some photos I've snapped, so I hope you enjoy. =) The photos don't do the place justice though. ;) 




















Just to reiterate, the photos don't do the place justice. Thanks for reading!

No comments :

Post a Comment