Views from Taipei | Memosne

Views from Taipei

Man. Midterms are hard. ()-__- Especially coming from someone that usually gets out in May, I’m feeling a little bit burnt out. Following the Taiwanese school system my summer break states in late June. Call me soft, but….I CAN’T WAIT THAT LONG. Lately, I’ve been bumming around in sweats, pajamas or wearing variations of the same outfits over and over again.
IMG_0799
It seems the midterm monotony has not only bled over into my clothing choices, but also to my meals and the weather. Basically, my meals are divided between the small mom and pop shops surrounding my dormitory and 7-11. The weather has always been shifting between extremely hot and frigidly cold, but the sky never changes….it’s always this pallid grey, white. It leads to some funky lighting situations.
IMG_0795
Altogether it’s actually been quite uneventful, there have been some good things about this week. ^__^ I’ve discovered a new Thai place with friends, reestablished connections with a couple of lovely people, and I’ve (for once in my entire life) have been on top of essays, tests, and projects. <3
I don’t think that you need the start of the new year to change things, but before this week I was feeling really depressed and listless. I think it was a combination of being abroad, toxic social situations, crap weather, and a million applications being due at once. I’m not fishing for compliments or anything, but I think I’ve finally figured out responsibility and productiveness. I am so happy right now. ^__^ I cut the things out of my life that were bad and now I’m looking towards the future. I can’t wait for the summer to start, to see boyfriend (we’ve been in long distance for 1.5 years >__<), to see my family, and assume the Presidency of the Business Asia Club at my school. Things are looking up!  Haha. =) Let’s hope this attitude of mine bleeds into photos and blogposts as well. And…job searching. =__= All I have to do now is to wait for the weather to turn better. ^__^
My dad is coming to visit this week! <3 I’m headed off to dinner with him. ^__^ I hope things are going well for you all too.
IMG_0811 IMG_0830 IMG_0831
Thanks for coming. <3
+Love

3 comments :

  1. I agree with you. We don't need the new year to start anew and what-not. Good to know you're feeling all happy and better now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these detail shots, they turned out great despite the dull weather. Hope things pick up for you soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Chyrel <3 Thank you so much! =) It warms my heart to read your comment. Depression sucks! D=<

    @Marcella Thank you! ^__^ I'm enjoying playing around with my camera. Your comments bolster a n00b photographer's spirit! Thank you! =)))

    ReplyDelete